Thursday, July 03, 2008

Spice of Life

Our cousin, Amber, posted a blog today that has made me do some thinking. She mentioned a friend of a friend's blog so I went to read the blog entry. She lost her baby and is now dealing with the grief and questions surrounding death. She says, "Take a minute for me tonight and record the little things your kids do right now. They don't even need to be cute things. Someday when your baby is grown you may even miss the food thrown on the ground or the face wiped on the sleeve. Cherish the little things. For the little things are the spice in life."

So, here goes nothing...

Daniel: He is an amazing person, father, husband, and uncle. He does what he needs to do to care for our family. He does the yardwork because he says that I shouldn't have to mow the yard, just pull the weeds. He provides emotional support and loves his girls dearly.

Catarina: Wow! She is such an amazing little girl. She has the sweetest smiles and hugs. I love to hear her tell me that we are best friends and that she loves me. Even at four years of age, she is so grown up. She loves to pray and I just absolutely love hearing her pray. I may not understand all that she is saying, but the Lord does. She loves Disneyland! Then again, who doesn't? She has her fussy moments, but when she is happy, she is an absolute joy!

Take the time to appreciate the little things in life as you never know when they will be taken from you.

Thank you, Amber, for sharing.

2 comments:

Jill said...

That was sweet. I love that I dont have to mow or edge the lawn either. I dont know what it is about mowing but Mike loves throwing on his ipod and just going. Guys are funny like that.

CaSeY said...

awww that is so sweet...i love that he loves to mow the lawn and she loves disneyland....i love it too....miss ya!!!