Sunday, October 18, 2009

Time Flies

Wow! I can't believe it's already October. It seems like yesterday we dropped Cat off for her first day of Kindergarten! So, I guess I need to play catch up here...

Cat is doing super well in school and is adjusting to stricter rules than in Preschool. She has finally had a few weeks with no problems. I guess it helps that Grandma bribes her, to an extent. She is learning to read and we are having fun doing her homework. I wish college homework was like Kindergarten homework!

I just finished making a halloween costume for PGG, Menjiness' daughter. She is going to be Laura Ingalls Wilder. PGG is 9 1/2... I don't think anyone bribed her here. Her dress is beautiful and when I get pics of her in it, I'll post one or two. Have to bribe Menjiness for those...Note to self... Basically it's a pioneer dress. I watched Deadliest Catch Seasons 1 and part of 2 while working on the dress. It was fun!

Once I finished I didn't know what to do with myself anymore. Until I decided to hand make Menjiness' family's Christmas gifts this year. I'd share, but I know they read my blog. I'll post pics when I'm done. I love giving and love making gifts even more. There is something rewarding about accomplishing a goal and seeing the reaction on someone else's face. It's awesome!

Mother-in-Law is sick today so we are not heading over there for dinner. I am making Chicken Tacos and taking them over to Menjiness' house for dinner. Menji is out of town... Sadly, I like it when he is gone. It means I get to hang out with my best friend more. LOL. It's sad for her that he's gone, but it's good for me. Sorry Menjiness.

Today we had an awesome Relief Society lesson on Friends and the importance of them. It took me a while to get into the lesson but once Robin started sharing from personal experience, I got caught up in the spirit of the lesson and what she was sharing. I was going to share something but we ran out of time. So, I will share with anyone who reads this...

I am, sadly, someone who can easily be influenced. Depending upon the people I associate with, I am either a nice person or a not so nice person. I've done things in my life that I am so not proud of, and looking back it comes from the people I chose to associate with. My patriarchle blessing says, "Surround yourself with good friends who hope and yearn for the same eternal principles that you do." I am trying so hard to do so. I don't always succeed. My faithful visiting teacher has become my best friend. I am so glad that she is my friend and that she shares so much more than she'll ever know with me.

One of my other best friends is not a member of the church, but she is a good influence even though we don't believe the same principles. She is a good person and I am glad to call her my friend.

Menjiness, you are awesome! I love you so much and am greatful for all that you have done for me. Thank you for sharing your family with me and helping me thru the bad times. You know I will always be here for you. Thank you for being such a good friend and example to me!

1 comment:

Menjiness said...

Awwww, thanks!!! You are too kind!