Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Change Is Good

So, I, LeAnn, have decided to make this our family blog instead of just mine. I am going to delete Catarina's blog since a 4 year old probably shouldn't have her own blog on the internet...at least that's what her grandma says.


Catarina is getting really big and strong. She started karate tonight with her cousins, Billy & AJ. I think she is going to take after her cousin Caralinda Colton. She really enjoyed it tonight, which was her first time going. She is also a really good swimmer. She goes to RCC, aka Momma's school, on Saturday mornings for her lessons. They are only 30 minutes long, but that's enough for a 4 year old.Dan continues to work hard at the prison. He doesn't DJ very often anymore but that's okay. One shift of overtime pays a lot more than a gig does. He has been taking really good care of our home and especially our lawns. We just put in our backyard and it looks totally awesome. His next project is to paint the swing set.
LeAnn is busy being a mom, a student, and a full-time employee. I keep busy with minor projects around the house as well. Tonight I replaced the guts of the master toilet tank...all by myself. I am pretty proud of the skills that I have learned and attained while being a new home owner. I even painted the wall behind the toilet, which did not get done during the original painting of the Pepto-Bismol pink bathroom. The next project is to do the bathroom floors in the master bathroom and Catarina's bathroom. Walls before - Pepto-Bismol Pink... YUKKY!!!

Walls after - Smoked Oyster- MUCH BETTER!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Fun stuff. All the activities get going with the kids and the summer flys by. That swing set looks fun, theres nothing like a fun swing set and lots of grass to run around on.