Friday, June 06, 2008

You computer geeks will get a kick out of this…

I feel so good about my self today. I knew something that a computer “expert” didn’t know. It was kinda funny. He said that I get a gold star for figuring out the problem. WOW!

The problem was that one of our brand new servers was shutting down after 10-15 minutes. Of course the few people involved couldn’t figure it out. So they start bouncing ideas off each other like turning off the screen saver and other things. So the guy gets off the phone and I ask if I can make a comment. I had him go to the power settings and there the problem was. The hard disk was set to turn off after 15 minutes. He now has all settings in there set to never and he was so happy that I was eavesdropping and thinking along with the experts. What a morning!

They still have a problem to fix, but they are on their own with that one…

No comments: