I have many things to be thankful for this month, but I took one blessing for granted. Last week in Relief Society we had a lesson on tithing. I can already hear you groaning, however this is a happy post! LOL.
The teacher taught us that all blessings that come from paying tithing will not always be monetary blessings.
My husband works for the Department of Corrections and it can be a dangerous job, at times. He comes home telling me stories of things that either happened that day or happened when he wasn't there. They are pretty scary stories.
One of the blessing that comes from paying our tithing is my husband's safety at work. I didn't realize this until I was thinking about the lesson last week. It hit me like a ton of bricks... The teacher asked for examples of blessings we have received and I immediately raised my hand and shared what I stated above. I didn't realize that his safety was a blessing from paying tithing.
I shared this with my mother-in-law and she said that our prayers are answered as a result of paying our tithing. It is one of the promises given us from obeying this commandment. We always pray for his safety and I am especially grateful that all the seriously bad things happen when he isn't there. He has been blessed, as has our family.
So this month, I am especially thankful for the Law of Tithing.
No comments:
Post a Comment