Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Friends

God puts people in your life when you need a helping hand or shoulder to cry on. And then they disappear. A dear friend of mine, Chelsee, was one of those friends. She came into my life a few years ago while I worked in Financial Services and having a hard time at work. When I transferred to Accounting, she helped me pack my car and said goodbye. We kept in touch for a little bit but since we were in two different worlds, it got to be difficult.

Then I found out she quit to stay home with her kidlets. I tried to keep in contact with her via e-mail but I never got any messages back or anything. I really do miss her. She has such a sweet spirit and she is so nice. I hope someday that we can reconnect and share good times together again.

I have a new dear friend, Desiree, who is just awesome. She took good care of me after I had surgery. She came over with her laptop to look at pictures and she brought me dinner AND we had a girl's night, just her and I, and she brought Baskin Robbins and we watched a movie in our jammies. She also happens to be one of my visiting teachers. She is such an awesome person and has the sweetest spirit. She cracks me up sometimes, and it's usually when I need it.

I have a bestest friend, Lanel, who is just amazing. I lived next door to her for a year and her daughter and mine had the best times playing together, even though there is a one year age difference. Even though I moved a little over a half a mile away, we still keep in contact and hang out. Our families are going on a cruise in March and we are way excited for it.

I am grateful for my friends. I may only have a few, but I love them all.

No comments: