Sunday, February 15, 2009

Twilight

So, I finally went to see Twilight. My friend, Desiree, went with me. I have to say that I am genuinely happy with the way the movie was put together. There are so many parts of the book they left out, due to time constraints, but they left in the most important pieces of the story.

I love that this is a love story. There aren't enough movies or stories out there about loving others for who they are. I love that Bella falls for Edward, who is a vampire. I also love that his family is willing to reach out a hand of fellowship to Bella and protect her from James (who is extremely handsome!) and that Rosalie has to ask why she should protect a human. Carlisle is an amazing person in that he has accepted Bella into the family. That certainly puts Rosalie in her place! LOL.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Yes, it has vampires in it, but think of it as a love story and not about vampires.

1 comment:

Brad said...

I resisted getting into the Twilight series for quite a while because of all the hype and fuss everyone made about it. My wife, Melissa got right into it and read all the books VERY quickly. She enjoyed them very much.

So, when Twilight the movie came to town, I thought: "If my wife really likes it that much, why don't I go see the the movie with her? That way, we can enjoy it together and talk about it together.

I enjoyed it. And now I am reading the Twilight book. I'm only on chapter 5. Having, or making time to sit down and read that much of a book that quickly is near impossible for me. I would like to get through the New Moon book before it comes to the theaters. Wish me luck!