Introducing the newest member of our family!
After 8 years of faithful service, my 2000 Mazda Protege decided to call it quits. It must have been all of those trips to Disneyland...kidding. We took her to the dealer to diagnose the problem and it turns out that the one of the cyllanoids in the transmission failed. The cost for the repairs that were needed cost more than the car was worth, so we had to make a tough decision. This decision was not taken lightly. It was hard enough that we both didn't sleep the night before. We prayed about it and decided that the best thing for us to do is to purchase a new car.
We went to the Mazda Dealer to decide what to do with old Midnight Blue. The dealer mostly wanted our service bill paid, which was $95. We thought about it, walked around the lot, and decided to look at Chevrolet. I had seen the Malibu's online and thought they might be okay. We went over to the dealer and looked at the cars. I just didn't like them. I tried hard to like them, but I couldn't. We went to McDonald's for lunch and talked about options. In the mean time, Dan was in contact with his uncles trying to get us a really good deal on a Chevy Malibu, plus we could use our GM dollars.
Long story short, we went back to the Mazda dealer and test drove Graphite. She's a beauty, inside and out. I fell in love with her; Dan did too, especially the Bose sound system. I was happy about the sunroof...something I have wanted since I was in high school. We decided to lease her because the payments would be under $300, which in important to us right now given all the money the State has taken from us. In the end, we will buy her, but couldn't at this time. So, we are proud to introduce Graphite. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment