Saturday, January 24, 2009

Twilight

Okay, so I have now read all four Twilight books and I am now hooked. It was a very interesting series and very enjoyable to read. Jill asked for my opinion on the final book. I am gonna give my opinion on all four...

Twilight - Very good storyline. The first 100 pages were kinda boring, but that sets up the story. I love the love story between Edward and Bella. Talk about love at first sight! I love how his family took her in as family as well. What an awesome family to be "adopted" in to.

New Moon - I was very sad that Edward took off, but fortunately Bella had Jacob to entertain her. I love how Stephanie Meyer describes Bella's depression and hole in her. I think we can all understand that at times. I was very happy to see that Edward was back in the end.

Eclipse - I'm not sure about the whole Victoria vengeance thing. Again, the first 100 pages were boring. I'm not sure about Edward protecting Bella so much. I think she is a lot stronger than he gives her credit for. Oh, the whole tug of war for Bella. I so feel sorry for her having to chose between Edward and Jacob. Graduation was awesome! I am glad that Stephanie made that an important point. Edward staying the night every night got a bit old...

Breaking Dawn - This book was a bit of a disappointment and a major stretch! I think the series should have ended when they got married... I know Bella didn't want to give up the human side of her until she had had sex. I like how Stephanie edited the sex scenes to keep the book PG13. Totally understandable, but getting pregnant 17 days after the wedding???? Not sure it's possible. She wouldn't have really known until 37 days later... On the other hand, she didn't carry Renesmee for the whole 10 months... Lucky her... The book could have even ended after Renesmee's birth. The whole Volturi thing got totally out of hand and went on way too long. Oh, and Alice bailing! That made me totally mad. Why would she bail without giving any information as to why she was leaving? It all made sense in the end though. I'm glad they are all back together as a family and that the treaty was renewed and strengthened. I'm glad that Jacob gets to be "part of" Bella's family.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I thought it was really enjoyable too. I think Stephanie Meyer is a great writer, I know some people dont think so. But obviously with how big her books have become is a credit to her writing. I think Twilight was my favorite of all of them. The connection between Edward and Bella is great. And I loved the Cullen family. I was so sad that you didn't see more of them in the movie. Especially Alice.
Breaking Dawn was most least favorite. You could tell by then Stephanie had a huge fan base and she was trying to apease them all. Which was really annoying!! I think it should have ended with her getting married and then becoming a warewolf. It was nice that they were able to have a baby but that was also too wierd. The fact that the baby grew so fast, and was so strong. And then for the baby to be born Edward had to chew through the placenta. That was gross. I think my biggest pieve was Jacob imprinting on the baby. I dont care how many times they said it wasn't romantic. HELLO he have her a promise bracelet for her first Christmas. And how is a half vampire suppose to love a warewolf. They're immortal enemies. And whats with the name Reneesme. I realize Stephenie wanted something different, but thats just wierd. And the whole Volturi was bad. No big fight nothing huge to end the story. And that's just some of my reasons for really really disliking that book. I think New Moon was my second least favorite. Just because Edwards gone through most of it and Jacob gets annoiying. He's really juvenille. My sister Laura and I have huge debates, because she is team Jacob and I'm team Edward. (she finally came around Thou) That would make Eclipse my second favorite. I like that Bella finally gets over her freakish self and realizes when you absolutely love someone it doesn't matter if your just out of high school or 30-something.
So I pretty much agree with you on your opinions. You should really try reading The Host now. It's Stephenie Meyer's first adult fiction. It starts a little slow but it picks up and is really good.
And New Moon the movie comes out Nov 20. I'll have to go find a widgit to put the countdown on my blog :)

Jill said...

Oh Crap I mean her becoming a vampire!!